Thursday, March 15, 2007

Garden Vegetable Soup

Mom visited me and lived in sunny Florida with me for two months. This also means that I had fantastic home cooked food for two months straight. She is back to her grind in India now and I have to feed myself. It takes a while to get back to the routine of cooking and managing groceries. I seem to have lost some motivation in cooking. Back in UFL, I would share cooking turns with three other roommates and we had hot fresh food on the table 9 PM every night. Now that I have moved to greener pastures with a job, I have to cook for myself and eat what I cooked for three days. Either that or cook every night. I chose cook a few times a week. Then eating out took over and thats all I did. Deep down in my heart though, I want to eat at home. Thats when Garden Vegetable soup comes in. Thats what I had for dinner, with a couple of pieces of Sesame Chicken that my room mate ordered.

What will motivate me is if I make a list of all that I can cook and plan my week accordingly. I get lazy when I have to come home after a hard day at work and have to think of what I have to cook. Making a list will organize my head enough to cook fresh every day.

Speaking of motivation, I am real motivated to finish off that pecan pie in my fridge. 45 secs in the microwave, and it will be delicious.

No comments: