Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Common Cold Virus


I thought I was impenetrable when it came to cold weather. Growing up in Bombay, I was really cold in temperatures less than 10 Degree celsius, but that was just the first winter. My second winter, I got away with a light fleece jacket and a wool cap. This is my third winter in Florida and I get the common cold virus. I have been spending more time outside this winter with lesser clothes on too. Walking the dog at 6-freakin-30 in the morning, and at 10 pm at night with shorts and a light fleece jacket definitely shows that I have been overconfident with my cold-surviving requirements.

A half day off from work and a few medicines later, I think I have learned my lesson. To all out there, stay warm and drink some hot tea every now and then.

No comments: